Ubisoft has launched the open beta of Steep for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The game is not much optimized on PC port and occurring many technical issues such as Startup Issues, Black Screen on Launch, Random Crashes, Accelerated/Distorted Audio and many others.
Steep System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX-4100 @ 3.6 Ghz
- RAM: 6GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX560Ti or AMD Radeon R7 260X
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
- Peripherals: Keyboard required, XBOX 360/XBOX One controller optional
- Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K at 3.5 Ghz or AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 Ghz
- RAM: 8GB
- Video card: GeForce GTX970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
Steep Open Beta – Won’t Start Fix
It is much known issue and most of users are reporting that when they try to launch the game, it’s not even run. To fix this problem, very first disable your Antivirus program, then go to game installation directory such as C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\STEEP, now find and delete file named “DataPC_extra“. Now verify the game cache files so it will redownload that same file.
Steep Open Beta – Startup Black Screen or Out of Range
Some users are reporting that they are facing black screen on startup when game launches or says out of range. Try to launch the game in Windowed Mode, if problem persists then delete the config file from Documents/Steep.
Steep Open Beta – Connection Issues
If you experience lag, disconnections or other problems regarding the game’s connectivity, there are a few steps you can try starting with the most basic ones. We recommend that you follow them in the order they are listed below.
- Uplay PC: TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.
- Game Ports: TCP: 80, 443, 2869, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095 UDP: 53, 443, 500, 3074, 3544, 6075
Here is the list of steps you can try: Reset Network Hardware, Software Conflicts, Port Forwarding, Hosts File, Flush DNS and also check External Restrictions.
Continue to the next page!